Monday, July 5, 2010

Seems Better

So, this weekend was a lot of fun. We cooked out. Well, we tried. Melissa burned everything and we ended up at Olive Garden instead. Which was fine. We all ate like pigs.

We went out and saw fireworks at the same old place we always did. Mom and I have a lot of memories at the field where they set off fireworks in the town I great up in.

And now I'm home.

Last Friday Jennifer did the house blessing. She did exactly what she said she was going to. Lavender, the whole bit. And odd as it may sound, I have to admit, I feel better about being here.

So far, nothing. It doesn't feel like something is staring at me, or breathing down my neck. Just me. I like that.

Jennifer said maybe what happened was that the blessing sealed out something negative. Or maybe it just helped me to stop hanging onto bad things that were making me more nervous than I needed to be.

Melissa of course turned it into a joke. She said if it was a ghost, then hopefully it wouldn't eat everything and make a mess. Yeah, way to make me feel better.

I think Jennifer is right. Something about that simple ritual made me feel better, so now things seem just fine. I was just nervous about something so new and the mention of ghosts and being on my own for the first time that I made things up.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 DanaKara