Monday, July 12, 2010

Home Again

I'm home now.

I got everything fixed where my clients were concerned. That's one good thing.

Billy was trying to claim that he didn't have to pay me alimony because I was cheating on him, something my lawyer and I were easily able to disprove. Especially since the pictures Billy used as evidence show my landlord going into my apartment to clean it before I even moved in. So the judge threw it out, and reminded Billy he was not to be near my apartment and that he had a week to pay me. I didn't have to see him thankfully. But I can imagine how angry he was.

Especially since I didn't come home until today. Wednesday and Friday I was dealing with lawyers and judges. Thursday I dealt with clients. Saturday I spent with my mom and Sunday with Jennifer and Melissa, just sitting around, watching movies, eating junk food, and gossiping.

Melissa drove me home. I'm glad she was with me.

My apartment was trashed!

At some point, someone got in and trashed it. Papers were everywhere. Boxes I hadn't quite gotten around to unpacking yet were open and stuff pulled out. Clothes were pulled out of their drawers. Even the toilet paper had been unrolled!

There was no sign of forced entry. In fact, I unlocked the door and we walked into the mess. All the windows were locked.

I wanted to check things out. I figured it was Billy and that he was around somewhere waiting to get a good laugh. Melissa made me go back outside though and we called police.

The few neighbors home over the weekend hadn't seen anyone new. No one heard anything. Only I, the landlord, the maintenance man, and the pest control guy have keys. They all checked out fine. Police didn't even find a fingerprint. that shouldn't have been there.

Nothing seems to have been taken. I reported it to the my lawyer and found out the police had already thought of Billy and were checking him out.

I'm sure it was him. Pissed off he has to pay alimony. So he trashed my place to scare me.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 DanaKara