Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Starting Over

Ok, so Melissa told me what I was supposed to do with this blog. Basically, whatever I want.

Jennifer suggested that I use it to try and move past what all has happened. Kinda like a shrink, but free. So I think that's what I'm going to do. Maybe it'll do me some good.

I just moved to Lason's Pond. I rent a nice little townhouse. It's great. You walk into a nice sized living room, through to the kitchen, there's a half bath, and then another door to a little patio. The stairs are near the front door and upstairs there's two bedrooms and a full bath. I got a couple hall closets, plus the one in the spare bedroom which is now my office.

I really like my little townhouse. My furniture is a mixup - some of it is brand new, some of it second-hand. All the brand new stuff is coming from my old house. The second-hand stuff I bought. I love it all. This is the first time that I've had my own place.

I went straight from living with my mom to living with Melissa and Jennifer in the apartment just off my college campus. Then I moved in with Billy. William T. Jones. Billy. My now-ex husband. I don't want to talk about him now.

So this is the first time I've been on my own. It's really cool, exciting, a little intimidating. There are other buildings around, but no one lives on either side of me. My townhouse is G9. No one is in G8 or G10. There are four townhouse units to a building. At the prices I don't know how any of them could be empty! This place was a steal!

I'm from the big city. I started out in the suburbs, went to the city in college and lived there with Billy. Now I'm in a small town. It's extremely quiet and laid back here. Everyone smiles and says hello. People start talking to me in the grocery store like I've been here for years. I love it. There's a bowling alley, a movie theatre, a few stores, a rec center, a gym, and that's about it. Library, few restaurants, park. I'm loving it.

My mom thinks I should get a cat. I can have one, but I don't know yet. I miss having animals yes. Billy wouldn't allow it. But I'm not sure if I can afford what I want yet.

See, I worked in the city as a freelance writer. Journalism mainly. I wrote for newspapers and a few magazines, worked onsite at a lot of places. I was doing pretty darn good. Now that I'm here, I can still work for a couple of those places as a telecommuter, but I'm going to have to find other things to do. I want to get into writing for websites and online magazines, things like that. If I can do well enough, maybe I will be able to work from home and on my own hours instead of having to show up at an office as a contractor. It sounds great to me.

And it'll give me the time and space I need to try and get my life back on track.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 DanaKara