Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Settling In

I'm getting settled in. Haven't updated for a couple days.

This weekend was a blur. Melissa and Jennifer came by to help me unpack. That was a lot of fun, but we seemed to just gossip more than we worked. My mom drove nearly 3 hours to just bring me one of her delicious casseroles, and a cake. She said she was sure I needed real food. She was right, as usual.

They all three stayed the night Friday, and Saturday. It was like a big sleepover. I had so much fun with them. We went and explored the town. My mom proved once again that she's not only as fit as any of us, but probably more so. I really need to invest in a treadmill or something.

They left Sunday afternoon and I just relaxed. I spent the day straightening things, organizing, watching TV. I really enjoyed the peace and the quiet.

Monday I talked to the paper and sent them my article for consideration. We'll see what they say. Spent the rest of the day listening to music, munching on pizza, and sending off queries and proposals and various other things to find work online. I've got my hopes up.

Today I answered some emails, did some work - got hired by a marketing firm, yay! - and explored the town some more. Picked up a new skirt at the little shop down the road. It's so cute! All girly but not over the top and really pretty. I might wear it tomorrow when I go by to talk to the people at the bank and see if I can talk them into hiring me for ad writing or something.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 DanaKara