Monday, June 28, 2010

Just as Strange

So I went to see the landlord today, about what the woman at the library had said about where I live. All I ended up with was more questions.

He asked me how I liked my townhouse, was everything okay, that kind of stuff. I told him everything was fine.

And I told him about what the woman at the library had said, how strangely she acted when I told her where I was living. How I hadn't been able to get anything specific from her and just the name of the townhouses seemed to make her uneasy.

I told him about what she'd said about the rent, and asked if there was something that I should know about my townhouse.

He laughed. He said that there were some people who believed that my townhouse, G9, was haunted. The people who had lived on either side had moved because they claimed to hear things in G9 when it was empty. Voices, banging, something hitting the wall or running up and down the stairs, that kind of thing.

He also went so far as to tell me that he kept the price so low because that way, once locals started talking, people would be less inclined to leave. That way, ghost stories wouldn't be the deciding factor.

He said he'd stayed there for a while himself, to try and see if any of the stories were true. He hadn't noticed anything odd.

He reassured me that it was just stories, just local gossip. Nothing was wrong with my apartment and everything was just fine. And just like that, I got ushered out while he went to lunch.

I called Melissa. She jokingly suggested we get an ouija board or something. Called Jennifer. She thought maybe it would be a good idea to have her come and do a house blessing, just in case. She's really into that kinda thing. Not so much that's she's kooky but enough that she does things like bless houses and such.

I told her I'd think about it. She also mentioned the fact that I hadn't yet really talked to any other tenant and that I should try to, see if my rent really was super low. And see if anyone else had a month to month lease instead of a yearly one.

Not a bad idea really.

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 DanaKara