Saturday, September 11, 2010

What Should I Do?

So, earlier I wrote about how I got home and all the plumbing blowing up and things. I didn't realize how late it was when I wrote that post! So no wonder I was tired.

I got up this morning and made coffee, checked my messages, and went to get a shower. No leaking, no weird hair.

I thought I heard someone knocking, but I ignored it. The shower was the perfect temperature and I was planning to take my time. I figured it was probably the landlord wanting to see if everything was ok or something.

Well, I just found a note stuffed under my door.

"Dear Kara,

Despited how awful your plumbing problem was, I am glad that it happened. The few times we spoke while I was repairing it made the job worth it. I am glad that I got to meet you and I would like to get to know you better. Would you consider going out to dinner with me sometime? Please let me know one way or the other, because if you're not interested, I don't want to waste your time.

Hoping all is well,

Dan"

The plumber...now there's someone I never saw asking me out on a date.

I was married to a lawyer. I'm used to running in fancy lawyer crowds, client dinner parties, things like that. But here is this simple guy asking me to dinner.

I don't know. The divorce wasn't that long ago...okay, so it was several months ago. But I don't know this guy. I just talked to him while he was trying to fix the mess that was in my apartment. Yeah, he has a good sense of humor and I did enjoy talking to him, but having dinner with him? I don't know.

I'm torn. He left his number. Should I call him and accept?

0 comments:

 

Copyright © 2010 DanaKara